A Village Tour
This page is under development and we will be adding more text and pictures shortly
First an aerial view of the village.
In the centre of the village is The Green the last remnant of a much larger green. The last signs of grass vanished many years ago and now the surface is continuous tarmac and used as a car park by visitors.
In the centre of The Green is the clock tower, which we have chosen to be our Societys logo. The tower was built in 1902 in memory of George Brown a prominent resident to a design by his son-in-law Charles Whymper, the artist.
Around The Green are
one of the public houses
what is reputed to be the oldest house in the village
Five roads lead out of The Green one of which is Mill Street that, as you will not be surprised to hear, leads to a mill that is on the River Great Ouse.
On the way is St Marys Church, now the only church in the village.